Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I was stupefied...

I found myself in Maine. At a school called Haystack.

I'd gone with MassArt as a staff person to chaperone the
trip.

Once I got there - I couldn't believe how amazing it felt to be out of the city.

I was away from the noises that have engrained themselves into the background of my life. And when they were gone - it felt strange.

I found myself in the woods.










And I found myself in commune with nature.

It was as if there were messages coming at me from something greater. Everywhere I looked was
beauty. The smell of life, death, and rebirth was abound.

I couldn't breath enough of the air.










I think I took a brief nap right here.

When I woke - I was blissful.

The canopy of green above with flecks of blue and white light shining through was enough to remind me just how precious moments of solitude can be.

I reconnected to something that was missing.







I was stupefied.

No comments:

Post a Comment